16 Cool Places to Visit Around the World and How to Travel for Free or on a Budget
Are you tired of having “average” and boring vacations? Here is a list of some amazing destinations where you can enjoy a completely different experience and go on the adventure of your life. These are for the curious travelers who are not afraid to try something new and are looking to witness the beauty of our planet. Also, discover how to travel for free
around the world!
1. Bali: Explore the Ubud Monkey Forest in Ubud , which shelters long-tailed macaques amid trees, tangles of vines, and sacred temples.
2. England: Tour Bampton, the village from the TV show Downton Abbey, and see the Highclere Castle.
3. Vietnam: Cruise Halong Bay . Skim the waters on a wooden junk boat and see curious rock formations among the bay’s tiny islets.
4. Morocco: See the rolling dunes of the Sahara desert. Explore Rabat and Fez and visit the royal palace and the ruins of Volubilis, an ancient Roman village.
5. Australia: Watch traditional Aboriginal dances performed around a fire at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park in Queensland. Explore the Great Barrier Reef, an underwater paradise with beautiful tropical fish and colorful coral formations. Cuddle a koala and feed a kangaroo by hand at the Australia Zoo.
6. South Africa: Take a hot-air balloon safari in Pilanesberg National Park. The park is set within the crater of an ancient volcano and offers an amazing diversity of flora and fauna.
7. Nepal: Explore famous temples, such as Swayambhunath (a.k.a. Monkey Temple) in the Kathmandu Valley, where holy monkeys live in protection. Ride an elephant during a guided jungle safari through Chitwan National Park in the Chitwan District.
8. Italy: Enjoy dazzling beaches on the mesmerizing island of Sardinia. Fabrizio De Andrè, an Italian singer-songwriter, once said: “Life in Sardinia is probably the best a man can wish: twenty-four-thousand kilometers of forests, countryside, and shores immersed in a miraculous sea. This corresponds to what I would suggest God to give us as Paradise.”
9. Thailand: Visit Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage site that was the capital of Thailand for four centuries. Explore beautiful ancient temples.
10. Guatemala: Tour the Guatemalan highlands and Lake Atitlan , a volcano-bordered body of water that is one of the most picturesque lakes in the world.
11. Costa Rica: Try ecotourism, explore the rainforest and experience an incredible adventure.
12. France: Stay at a chateau and step into a fairy tale during a trip to Loire Valley. It is rumored that Chateau d’Usse sparked Charles Perrault to write Sleeping Beauty.
13. Ecuador: Zipline through the Amazon rainforest and catch glimpses of wildlife and tropical flora. Visit the Middle of the World monument in the canton of Quito, atop the equator, where you can stand with one foot in the Northern Hemisphere and one in the Southern.
14. Bulgaria: Visit the picturesque Rila Monastery and see how its graceful arches and five domes reach towards the sky and create a peaceful oasis. Next, explore the stunningly beautiful seven lakes located high in the Rila Mountains.
15. Tahiti: Explore turquoise lagoons, volcanic peaks, lush forests and beautiful beaches.
16. Iceland: Enjoy a breathtaking view of the Northern Lights. Go on an amazing tour to visit Gullfoss waterfall, Thingvellir National Park, and Iceland’s geothermal geysers.
You are probably thinking “That’s great, but how can I visit these locations? Aren’t they expensive?” Here are some tips on how you can make your dream vacation a reality:
- Wondering how you can travel for free
around the world
? You can raise money for your dream vacation! Create a profile on a crowdfunding site such as indiegogo.com, gofundme.com, etc., write a short description of your planned trip, and estimate how much money you will need to travel. Then, share your campaign with friends, relatives, and/or on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and start collecting donations! This strategy is used by more and more people every day to make their dreams a reality! You can check out our blog How to Travel For Free
for more ideas.
- To buy travel packages, check regularly for amazing deals here (These vacation deals are ridiculously good because many of them include airfare, hotel, breakfast, tours and even a rental car!) Make sure to read carefully the description of each trip and select your preferred travel dates. Usually the most expensive months are June – August, so look for dates that don’t fall during these months. However, you may still be able to find very affordable trips even if you want to travel in the summer. Check back regularly because deals change every few days and you want to be sure that you don’t miss out! We also post on choosamazing.com some of the coolest, most unique and last minute vacation deals , so you can check there as well.
- If you are looking for plane tickets only, check here . You will find a great selection of flights from many different travel sites such as Expedia, Orbitz, etc., and you can choose the most convenient times and prices for you.
So, will your next vacation be ordinary or will you experience something unique?